It's true that reading is less important than listening to English especially for students who want to speak English, but it is still very powerful.
I've already said it and I'm going to repeat it: "your first step with English is to determine your goals, do you want to learn to speak English? or do you want to learn to write in English?"
In both cases reading is very powerful, but what do you have to read to improve your English?
That depends on the level of English you have, but you should read only texts where you understand about 90% what you read!!! (do you know this before? comment it)
If you read texts where you understand only 40% or less, you will find many words you don't understand (60%) and you won't understand them unless you use your English dictionary, so you can't memorize all these new words at the same time!!
But if you read easy texts where you understand 90% or more, the remaining 10% of words you don't understand will be very easy for you because you're going to understand them without using your English dictionary and you'll memorize them easily! (That's why I write easy articles for you)
Reading will help you to improve your English vocabulary, your English spelling and many more... It's very important, so don't forget it!